Reduce. Reuse. Recycle. Rethink. To respect.
Our ecological policy is based on a gradual improvement through the rational use of the main natural resources such as water and energy, on a conscious management of the waste produced and on creating partnerships that help us in the implementation of our objectives:
Decrease in water consumption:
- Cisterns and faucets with low water consumption;
- Use of rainwater for irrigation;
- Sensitization of guests to report water leaks in the hotel facilities and to reduce their ecological footprint during their stay.
Decreased energy consumption:
- Use of photovoltaic panels;
- Card-operated lighting system;
- Low consumption lighting LED system;
- Lighting in common areas with motion sensors;
- Air conditioning systems with intensity adjustable by the customer;
- Construction with rock wool insulation;
- Double glazing in all rooms; Thermal and acoustic insulation of the windows and tightness of the frames;
- Class A or higher electrical equipment.
Decreased waste production:
- Recycling of waste generated;
- Provide guests with containers for selective collection;
- Decrease in the use of paper (check in made through a tablet application; sending invoices by email);
- Decreased use of plastic (water in the room in glass bottles);
- Detergent dosing systems;
- Promotion of ecological journeys through platforms such as Portuguese Trails and Bikeibéria;
- Preference for seasonal and local products (local farmers);
- Magazines and newspapers in digital format, updated and available during each guest's stay – PressReader Application;
- Bicycles available as an ecological way to get to know the area; Trekking and birdwatching initiatives.